Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

SHOELESS!

Hey there!

Today I'm here to tell you about this fantastic idea that my lovely friend Katie came up with.
You can view her blog here and see her FB page here


Basically she has gone shoeless for 6 months to help raise awareness about how much we have, and how little others have .. lacking even the bare essentials!

She has started a page where you can pledge to go shoeless - for a day, 3 days, a week, even a month if you want! And in return to collect up (good quality) shoes that are never used, sitting in the back of closets. 



These shoes she will then sell (June 8th) with all proceeds going to help kids in Cambodia get the essentials they need to get an education - shoes, uniforms, and school supplies.

I've signed up for a week (in MAY .. brrrr it's gonna be a cold one!) - giving up wearing my brand new beautiful boots that I've just bought - because it is such a worthy cause!


I've already gathered up a tonne of shoes - maybe you would like to donate some too?? (esp. if you're in the Hamilton or Whangarei regions .. so I can actually get them to the venue to be sold!)

Check out her sign up page here if you want to sign up (and read what it's all about) and check out this page here to see where the funds are going.

Sima J

10 comments:

  1. Great idea. She should think locally too as there are many many children in NZ without shoes either... I work in a school where it is my job to give out the Kidscan shoes to these poor kids. Some have no stationery either a term into the year nor a school bag. Yep in your own backyard....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes absolutely Kimberley! I work with handing out KidsCan food to the kids at my local school who don't get breakfast and lunch .. it is sad to see these kids go hungry when there is such an abundance in NZ! (and KidsCan does an awesome job, big ups to them!)

      Delete
  2. Agreed Kimberley! Such a great idea Katie/Simone- may have to do this too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea and I'm going to be in Hamilton on Queens Birthday weekend so I can drop off my shoes then! I think I can definitely manage to go shoeless for a day in May too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome thanks!! :-) So good to get it going nationwide! xo

      Delete
  4. I just came across this blog the other day and I absolutely LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there!

    I have nominated you for the Liebster blogging award! A fun way of building connections and celebrating the great places you have created online!

    Check out my post.

    If you are not so inclined for this type of post ~ take it on board that I think you do a super job and if you would like to join in, I hope it's a bit of fun for you.
    Happy Blogging!

    Clare @ gracious/goodness

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!